WIC Programs and Events
Be Inspired! Join Us at a Program or Event.
Women In Consulting® (WIC) offers events, activities and benefits for consultants and independent business women across all levels of business maturity, types of consultancy and areas of focus. Membership in WIC has many benefits, including:
- A collaborative and nurturing community of peers
- Opportunities to develop relationships with successful consultants and business women who can help you in your business
- Help taking your business to the next level
- Best practices in marketing, sales, client management, business development, finance, operations and life/work balance
- Practical, proven tools, resources and programs with takeaways you can put into action immediately
- Tips and techniques that boost your business savvy
Apply to speak at a Women In Consulting event by contacting us. If your topic matches the needs and interests of our membership, someone from our Programs Team will contact you.
MONTHLY GENERAL MEETINGS
The monthly general meetings are held in the San Francisco Bay Area on the third Thursday of each month from 5:30 – 8:30pm PDT, and alternate between venues located in Mountain View and Belmont. These meetings are open to everyone and provide members and non-members ways to:
- Engage with experts who share knowledge and experience on a wide variety of business topics.
- Learn tactics to put into practice immediately.
- Network in a lively, collaborative culture. Food and beverage offerings vary depending on the location and meeting format.
One of the general meetings host the Annual Silent Auction. Learn more about this year's Silent Auction here or view the full catalog for the 2016 Annual Silent Auction here.
“Several of the WIC presentations have inspired me to stretch myself as a business owner.”
Michelle Rogers, Home Instead Senior Care
“A fellow consultant suggested WIC as a great place to network, meet other women consultants, and learn best practices. Networking isn’t something that comes easily to me, but from my first WIC meeting in 2001, I felt welcomed—and I’ve been coming ever since. A welcoming atmosphere isn’t the only thing WIC has given me—not by far.”
Avery Horzewski, AVE Consulting
WIC Past President, 2010–2011
WIC hosts regional monthly gatherings in various San Francisco Bay Area locations, enabling attendees to develop a professional network closer to their home base.
- The South Bay Satellite holds monthly lunch meetings with featured speakers.
- The Peninsula, East Bay and North Bay Satellites hold quarterly networking lunch meetings.
Satellite meetings provide opportunities to:
- Network with other consultants for professional and business development.
- Engage with experts who share their knowledge and expertise on various business topics.
- Learn tips and tricks that can help you quickly increase business activity.
- Tap into the expertise and energy of your “local” WIC community.
WIC Mastermind Groups
WIC Mastermind groups are designed to help participants share resources, develop a trusted support system, and benefit from other’s tested ideas and business practices. Mastermind participants act as personal advisors to one another, giving professional guidance, alerting each other to opportunities, and helping each other smoothly navigate past blind spots. Groups of six WIC members are formed, based on common needs and objectives. Participants make a six-month minimum commitment to the group and to respect the confidentiality of its discussions. Apply to be in a Mastermind Group.
“WIC’s collaborative environment, educational presentations, and connections are invaluable."
WIC provides in-depth educational opportunities in the form of half- and full-day workshops and seminars. Available to members and non-members, these programs provide a forum to:
- Enhance your knowledge of business strategy and tactics.
- Get powerful tools that help you analyze and improve your business practices.
- Delve deeper into timely and relevant topics.
WIC periodically offers information-packed webinars that are brimming with tips and best practices you can use immediately to improve your business and profitability.
WIC webinars provide convenient and affordable ways to:
- Improve your knowledge and skills from the comfort of your own home or office
- Learn tips and tricks you can put to work immediately to increase your business
- Either attend the live session or watch the recording at any time
View a list of on-demand webinars.
When you register to attend any WIC event, please be sure you note WIC’s Refund and Cancellation Policy.